How do I discover and add RDM enabled lights?
Luminair can discover RDM enabled fixtures when connected to an Art-Net interface that also supports the RDM Protocol. To limit network traffic, Luminair is currently limited to discovering RDM from a single Art-Net node. Please make sure that Art-Net Broadcasting is disabled in Connections, and that RDM is enabled for any universes.
- To add an RDM enabled light, open the add fixture window and select RDM
- Luminair will attempt to discover any RDM enabled lights.
- In the list of discovered lights, tap/click the light you want to add.
- If Luminair recognizes the Manufacturer and Model ID, and a fixture exists matching those values, Luminair will add the light automatically.
- If the manufacturer and/or model ID’s are not recognized, but the light supports channel descriptions over RDM, then Luminair will attempt to create a basic profile.
- If you wish to associate a different profile with this RDM manufacturer and model ID, you can do that as an alternative.
- Note that any manual RDM profile associations can be unlinked later by opening the appropriate fixture library within Luminair, navigating to that fixture and then tapping/clicking the RDM button next to the item in the list.
- To display the current RDM status for a specific fixture, open the Fixture options.